So, today I’m doing something a little different. Instead of reviewing a product, app, etc., I’m reviewing an experience. I realize this topic may be a little controversial, but that’s why I wanted to talk about it! A lot of people these days are totally for augmenting reality, and it gets to a point where it makes those of us who have a healthy insecurity that we’d like to fix look bad. I always say, everyone has an insecurity. If you have the means and the ability to do something about it, why not? As long as you don’t get out of control and completely change your appearance or overdo it.
Since I was a little girl, I’ve always hated my lips. I felt they were so flat, small, and masculine, and they just made the bottom portion of my face look sunken in (you will see in the photos below). Finally, the struggles in my life propelled me forward and made me want to start doing things for myself.
I had my lips done on April 19, 2019. Let me tell you a little about the experience… I would say, it was pretty painful. YES, even with Lidocaine and even for me lol. I’ve mentioned in the past I have a high pain threshold, however, this I did not enjoy. It’s just such a strange sensation it’s hard to explain. Still, I found it painful, yet completely tolerable (I didn’t cry or anything crazy like that lol. But everyone’s different and I just wanted to make you all aware that you will feel pain lol.) The healing process, for me, took a while. I was embarrassingly swollen for about a day or two, and I was super bruised for a couple of weeks. I didn’t try arnica or any of the other things they suggest, but once this cleared up, I had very natural results. They’re not very noticeable, but I do feel the injections enhanced my whole face and DEFINITELY made me feel more confident. Let me be clear, I am in no way pushing for enhancing your appearance or saying that doing so will give your all the confidence in the world. I’m just saying from my experience, I was always very ashamed and insecure about my lips and being able to fix it a healthy amount made that particular insecurity go away.
Let me list some of the questions I had when I was doing them and tell you what I experienced:
- Will they feel hard or different at all?
– No. My lips feel completely the same.
- Will I be sore afterwards?
– Not really. But I still acted like I was because I was paranoid. I was very careful about eating, drinking or doing anything with my lips. I didn’t want anything I did to mess up the shape. I was told you really should be careful the first couple of weeks while the product settles for this reason.
- Will they look crazy?
– In my experience, just one syringe won’t do anything too drastic. You can add volume little by little. Just exercise good judgement! I want a little more but, I won’t be adding any more lol.
- Will my natural lip shape change and look like all the other girls on IG that all have the same looking lips?
– No. In my experience, the woman I went to did a great job of not altering my natural lip shape at all. She just added a little volume so they weren’t so flat!
THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS WERE SUBMITTED BY READERS & WERE DEFINITELY QUESTIONS I HAD GOING INTO IT SO I ADDED THEM FOR YOUR BENEFIT 🙂
- How much did it cost?
– I paid $700, however, prices will vary depending on which filler you use and how much you use. Also depends on who you go to.
- How long does it last?
– I remembered being told in the past it lasts a year, but that’s not the case! It lasts up to 6 months, but it really depends on how you metabolize it. It could be more, it could be less.
Overall, I love my new lips. If it’s something you’re thinking about doing, I’d say: go for it! Just make sure you do your research about who you’re going to. Make sure they’re licensed and make sure you like their work! Look them up on IG, get some recommendations from people you know who have gotten them done, etc. I personally went to @aestheticsby_v (on IG) and she was great! If you’re in the South Florida area, I highly recommend! 🙂
Take a look at some of my photos below and tell me what you think! Don’t forget to like, comment, subscribe, share, etc! 🙂